How to choose the safe and suitable oil for baby massage
Although baby oil is known as suitable for the baby’s body, there are still some other oils that can be used as a baby’s body warmer. However, to note is how to choose the safe and appropriate organic essential oils for babies. In order not to choose wrong, you should pay attention to the following things:
– Read the packaging label. So you do not either buy or already spreading the oil on the baby’s skin, you should read the packaging labels first. It is important to use essential oils according to the efficacy, ordinance, and suitability of the baby’s body. From the packaging labels, you can also know the basic ingredients of making the oil. Choose a 100 percent natural.
– Make sure the oil is completely safe. Before rubbing it into a small body, make sure there are no harmful ingredients contained in the oil. If you choose essential oils compared to baby oil, take just a little because the essential oil is already quite thick.
– Make sure the baby is old enough. Indeed there is no specific benchmark for infants in using essential oils. But to be more secure, avoid using it to babies under the age of three months. If you want to use these essential oils but still hesitate, ask someone else or consult a doctor.
– Pay attention to the dosage. If the baby is 3 to 6 months old, use essential oil 1 to 2 drops only. You can choose the scent of lavender or chamomile. For infants over 6 months, the recommended essential oil is 3 to 5 drops.
– Not recommended to dilute the oil with water. If you are using a fairly concentrated essential oil, dilute it with special oils that are generally reserved for essential oils. Examples of diluent oils include olive oil or almond oil.
– The mixing of essential oils should be noted. The mixing dose of essential oil and diluent oil is 1-5 drops of essential oil with 1-3 teaspoons mixing oil.
– Avoid essential oil products dissolved with alcohol or synthetic fragrances because it can irritate the baby’s skin.